Editing an extension for a user group in your Tresta cloud phone system is incredibly easy, and this article explains every step in the processes. This assumes you are a Tresta System Administrator.
User Groups are managed in the Tresta web app. Once logged in, do the following:
- Click on the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the User Groups tab within the System Components. The User Groups page display any user groups that are currently on your phone system.
- Locate the user group for which you want to edit the extension and click on the edit icon top right corner of the group’s container. This opens the Edit User Group page.
- Locate the Extension section and click on the dropdown menu. This opens a menu of extension number options.
- Click on a number in the dropdown menu to select it. Next, click on the apply button to set your new extension.
- Finally, click the red Save button in the upper right corner of the Edit User Group screen. Your changes are automatically live in the system.
If your auto attendant plays an audio file that announces your extensions, don’t forget to update both your audio file and auto attendant with the new information.