Within the Tresta cloud phone system, it’s incredibly easy to manage your auto attendants. You can quickly copy or edit any existing auto attendant, and then delete any you no longer need.
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Copy an auto attendant;
- Edit an auto attendant;
- Delete an auto attendant.
This article assumes you are a Tresta System Administrator and have at least one auto attendant already configured on your system.
Copying an Auto Attendant
Auto attendants are managed in the Tresta web app. Copying an auto attendant saves you time, especially if you have only a few differences to make between the two. To get started, log in and do the following:
- Click on the System Settings (⚙) tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the Auto Attendants tab within the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select the auto attendant you would like to copy by clicking the “edit “ icon in the right-hand corner of the box. This will bring you to the “Edit Auto Attendant” page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Save a Copy”. Clicking this opens the Save a Copy window. Here you can edit the name of the copy to your liking.
- Finally, click the red Save button at the top of the Save a Copy window. You now have a copy of an auto attendant. Remember: an auto attendant must be added to a phone number in order to be live on your system. If you need more information on this, read Adding an Auto Attendant to a Call Flow.
Editing an Auto Attendant
When a system administrator is on the Auto Attendants page, they can edit any auto attendant by doing the following:
- Click on the Edit icon in the upper right corner of the auto attendant for which you wish to change. This opens the Edit Auto Attendant page. It’s here you can easily change your menu items and the menu options. You can also change the name of the auto attendant here as well as change the audio file associated with it.
- Finally, click the red Save button in the upper right corner of the Edit Auto Attendant page. Your edits are now live in your phone system.
Deleting an Auto Attendant
When a system administrator is on the Auto Attendant page, they can remove any auto attendant by doing the following:
- Click the Delete icon in the right corner of the auto attendant box. This populates a Delete Auto Attendant window to confirm you are deleting the correct auto attendant from your system. Note: if your auto attendant is being used in a call flow, you must first remove it from the phone number before deleting. This article explains how to unassign any item from your call flow.
- Click the red Delete button. Doing so instantly removes that auto attendant from your system.