Within the Tresta cloud phone system, it’s incredibly easy to manage your auto attendants. You can quickly copy or edit any existing auto attendant, and then delete any you no longer need.
In this article, you will learn:
- How to copy an auto attendant;
- How to edit an auto attendant;
- How to delete an auto attendant.
This article assumes you are a Tresta System Administrator and have at least one auto attendant already configured on your system.
Copying an Auto Attendant
Auto attendants are managed in the Tresta web app. Copying an auto attendant saves you time, especially if you have only a few differences between the two. To get started, log in and do the following:
- Click on the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the Auto Attendants tab within the System Components.
- Click on the Copy icon in the upper right corner of the auto attendant for which you wish to duplicate. This icon is indicated by two overlapping squares, and clicking it opens the Copy Auto Attendant window. It’s here you edit the name of the copy to your liking.
- Finally, click the red Save button at the bottom of the Copy Auto Attendant page. You now have a copy of an auto attendant. Remember: an auto attendant must be added to a call flow in order to be live in your system. If you need more information on this, read Adding an Auto Attendant to a Call Flow.
Editing an Auto Attendant
When a system administrator is on the Auto Attendants page, they can edit any auto attendant by doing the following:
- Click on the Edit icon in the upper right corner of the auto attendant for which you wish to change. This opens the Edit Auto Attendant page. It’s here you can easily change your menu items and the menu options. Also, you can change the name of the auto attendant here and change the audio file associated with it.
- Finally, click the red Save button in the upper right corner of the Edit Auto Attendant page. Your edits are now live in your phone system.
Deleting an Auto Attendant
When a system administrator is on the Auto Attendant page, they can remove any auto attendant by doing the following:
- Determine which user auto attendant you need to remove from your system.
- Click the Delete icon in the right corner of the auto attendant box. This populates a Delete Auto Attendant window to confirm you are deleting the correct auto attendant from your system. Note: if your auto attendant is being used in a call flow, you must first remove the it from the call flow before deleting. This article explains how to unassign any item from your call flow.
- Click the red Delete Auto Attendant button. Doing so instantly removes that auto attendant from your system.