Perhaps you had to cancel the card that’s associated with your Tresta account, or maybe your default card on file is about to expire. This article explains how to easily delete a payment method from your business cloud phone system.
The system administrator is automatically granted access to these settings. However, individual users can be made billing administrators if needed.
Note: If your account has only one card on file, you must add a new payment method prior to deleting one from your system. This article explains how to add a new payment method.
Deleting a Payment Method
If you are a system administrator and already have more than one card on file, here is how you delete a payment method from your system.
- Click on your profile picture on the right-hand side of the screen and select "Billing".
- Click on the Payment Methods tab under the Billing Settings menu on the left-hand side of the page. This opens the Payment Methods page.
- Locate the payment method you wish to remove from your system. All of your available payment methods are listed here. Note: You cannot delete your a payment method if it’s the only card on file or if it is the default payment method. You must first designate a different card as the default before deletion.
- Click the "trash can" icon next to the card you would like to delete. The button is located to the right of the rendering of your card. When clicked, the Delete Payment Method window appears.
- Review the information on the Delete Payment Method window and click "Delete" to confirm. This automatically removes the payment method from your account and designates your new default payment method.