Adding a user to a phone number is an easy process with Tresta. This article assumes you are a system administrator and have at least one user on your system.
Let’s get started! Here are the steps to follow:
- Click on the System tab to get started.
- Next, click on Phone Numbers in the System Settings menu on the left-hand side.
- Identify the number for which you plan to assign to a User. If you have multiple numbers, they are all listed here. Select the one you to which you want to add the configuration.
- Click on the “edit” icon in the right-hand corner of the box.
- Select “Send the call to a user” from the dropdown. The dropdown is located directly under “When this phone number receives a call”.
- Next, select which user you would like to send calls to from the dropdown or create a new one by clicking the link.
- Then, determine if you would like to require the callee to “Press 1 to Accept” the call. Note: If you turn this prompt off, Tresta will not be able to tell the difference between a live person that’s answered and an automated system that’s answered.
- Choose the timeout option. This tells Tresta how long it should ring the user’s device(s) before rolling over to another option. You can choose from 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60-second timeouts, or no timeout.
- Indicate where calls will go after the timeout option. This is accomplished in the dropdown menu just below the timeout options. You can choose from the following on a user-designated configuration: Calls rollover to the user’s voicemail; Calls hang up; Calls route to another destination.
- Click the red Save button at the top of the Edit Phone Number page. The new configuration is now live and the phone number is associated with only one user.
Before you move on, it’s important to remember two things about your Tresta Phone Numbers:
- Always test your configurations by dialing your business phone number. This ensures calls route as intended.
- Every phone number on your account should have a configuration. If they do not, your callers will hear a message stating the call cannot be completed.