Adding a user to a call flow is an easy process with Tresta. This article assumes you are a system administrator and have at least one user on your system. If you need to add a new user, this article explains how to do it.
Let’s get started! Here are the steps to follow:
- If you’re a system administrator, login to the web app. Click on the Settings tab to get started.
- Next, click on the Call Flows tab in the System Settings section.
- Identify the number for which you plan to assign to a User. If you have multiple numbers, they are all listed here. Select the one you to which you want to add the call flow.
- Click on the button to the right of your number that is labeled Unassigned, Click to Assign. Doing so opens the Activate Phone Number window.
- Select the User option by clicking on the item box. When an item is selected, its box should turn red and have a small checkmark in the top right corner to indicate which option you’ve chosen to add to your call flow.
- While still in the Activate Phone Number window, select from the available users in the dropdown menu. All users in your system are listed in the dropdown. Click on the appropriate option.
- Choose the timeout option. This tells Tresta how long it should ring the user’s device(s) before rolling over to another option. You can choose from 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60-second timeouts, or no timeout.
- Indicate where calls will go after the timeout option. This is accomplished in the dropdown menu just below the timeout options. You can choose from the following on a user-designated call flow:
- Calls rollover to the user’s voicemail;
- Calls hang up;
- Calls route to another destination.
- Click the red Save button in the Activate Phone Number window. The new call flow is now live and the phone number is associated with only one user.
Before you move on, it’s important to remember two things about your Tresta Call Flows:
- Always test your call flows by dialing your business phone number. This ensures calls route as intended.
- Every phone number on your account should have a call flow. If they do not, your callers will hear a message stating the call cannot be completed.