Perhaps you’ve only had one user on your Tresta phone system (that’d be you!) and you have a new employee to add. This article walks you through each step in the process. This article assumes you already have an established Tresta account and that you’re the system administrator.
Let’s get started! Here are the steps for adding a new user to your cloud phone system:
- If you’re a system administrator, login to the web app. Click on the Settings tab to get started.
- Next, click on the Users tab in the System Settings section.
- Click on the +Add User button in the upper right corner of the Users page. Doing so will bring up the Add User window.
- Fill out the information in the Add User window. Provide an email (preferably one associated with your place of business), select an extension number, and determine whether this user needs to be as a System and/or Billing Admin.
- Click the Invite User button at the bottom of the Add User window. This action sends an email to the one you provided for the user. They must access the web app from the invitation to be activated. This also gives them the opportunity to add the device(s) where they’ll receive their calls and customize their personal settings.
- Once you’ve provided all routing information, click the Save button. This returns you to the Call Flows screen where your new call flow is viewable next to the intended phone number. This means it has been successfully added to the phone number.
Items to Note
Below are a few additional things you need to know when setting up a new user.
Users must set up their account prior to downloading the app. The app is only usable by existing Tresta users.
If the invite email gets lost somehow, you can send the invitation again. To do this, visit the Users page, select the user who needs the invite sent again, and click the Edit icon. You should see a Resend Invitation link just below the Email section. Clicking the link opens a confirmation window; click the red Resend Invitation button to finish.
System Admins have the ability to customize various settings for User accounts. Admins can customize voicemail greetings, devices, subscriptions, user groups and caller ID for individual users. To do this, visit the Users page, select the user and click the Edit icon. Your options are in tabs across the top of the Edit User page.