If you’re a system administrator, login to the Tresta web app and click on the Settings tab to get started. Next, click on the Schedules tab in the System Settings section. Once you’re on the Schedules page, you can begin configuring a schedule for your phone system.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Click on the +Add Schedule button in the upper right corner of the screen. This opens the page where you’ll configure the schedule.
- Name your schedule. This makes it easy to identify within your call flow. For example, ABC Company has a schedule for business hours and one for after-hours calls. Therefore, the schedules have been named to reflect how calls are routed at certain times of day: Office Hours and After-Hours.
- Select the days for this particular schedule. Click on the days of the week you want this schedule to run on a particular phone number.
- Select the time range for this particular schedule. Designate the times of day this schedule will run on a particular phone number.
- Choose where you want the schedule to route your calls. Click on an unused menu button to activate it. This includes any of the following:
- Audio File
Plays your callers an audio file. Select an audio file from the dropdown provided and then tell Tresta where to direct the caller after they hear the recording. Read more about Audio Files here.
- Auto Attendant
Select an auto attendant from the dropdown menu.
- Forwarding Number
Sends your callers to a different phone number. Select a forwarding number from the dropdown or click on the link to add a new forwarding number. Next, select how long you want Tresta to ring the forwarding number. Finally, choose where you want the call to be routed if it isn’t answered at the forwarding number. Read more about Forwarding Numbers here.
Choose which user you want calls sent to during this time, and then select what happens if that person doesn’t answer.
- User Groups
Callers can connect to a user groups like billing or sales. Tresta rings all users subscribed to the group. Select the user group from the dropdown menu and then choose what happens with an unanswered call. Learn more about User Groups here.
Connects callers directly to a voicemail box. This can be either a user’s voicemail, the voicemail for a user group or a standalone voicemail box. Click on the dropdown to select which voicemail box to route callers.
- Audio File
- If you need another schedule, click the +Add Schedule Range link. If you select this option, configure your new schedule, and add as many as you need after that one is complete.
- Set the routing options for any call that falls outside of your schedule(s). In the All Other Times box, select where calls should go when they fall outside of your designated schedule(s).
- Once all of your schedules are routed, click the Save button in the upper right corner of the screen to save your schedule. This will save all of the configurations you have set up for the schedule.
- Add the schedule to your call flow. This is the final step and the most important–this actually applies your schedule to the designated phone number.
- Click on Call Flows under your System Settings section. You will see your a phone number in a box with another box to the right labeled unassigned. Click on that box to assign your phone number to a schedule. This opens a dialog box.
- Next, choose the schedule you want to use on that phone number. Select the appropriate schedule from the dropdown and click Save. Once it’s saved, you are taken back to the call flows page where your schedule is visible in your call flow.
Before you move on, it’s important to remember two things about your call flows:
- Always test your call flows by dialing your business phone number and ensuring the call routes the way you expect it to.
- Every phone number on your account should have a call flow. If they do not, your callers will hear a message stating that the call cannot be completed.