Adding a configuration to a phone number is an easy process with Tresta, and ultimately ensures your calls are delivered. Period. After adding all of your phone numbers, users and user groups, and any other desired system components, this should be your next step.
Once a Tresta system administrator has a phone number on the account, a configuration must be added in order to deliver your calls. This article assumes you have a phone number that has not been assigned a configuration.
Let’s get started! Here are the steps for adding a configuration to a phone number:
- Click on the System tab at the top of the page to get started.
- Next, click on Phone Numbers in the System Settings menu on the left-hand side.
- Identify the number for which you plan to add a configuration. If you have multiple numbers, they are all listed here. Select the one you would like to add the configuration to.
- Click on the edit icon to the right of the number you would like to edit. Doing so will bring up a window where you can select what type of system component you’d like to assign to the phone number. Your options include the following:
- Audio File
- Auto Attendant
- Forwarding Number
- User Group
- Choose any of the items above by selecting them from the dropdown menu. The dropdown is located directly under “When this phone number receives a call”.
- Follow the configuration directions within the Edit Phone Number page. Each available system component requires different information to route your calls properly. Add any information requested within the page.
- Once you’ve provided all routing information, click the Save button. This returns you to the Phone Numbers screen where your new configuration is viewable underneath the intended phone number. This means it has been successfully added to the phone number.
Before you move on, it’s important to remember two things about your Tresta Phone Numbers:
- Always test your configurations by dialing your business phone number and ensuring the call routes as intended.
- Every phone number on your account should have a configuration. If they do not, your callers will hear a message stating that the call cannot be completed.