Adding a call flow to a phone number is an easy process with Tresta, and ultimately ensures your calls are delivered. Period. After adding all of your phone numbers, users and user groups, this should be your next step.
Once a Tresta system administrator has a phone number on the account, a call flow must be added in order to deliver your calls. This article assumes you have a phone number that has not been assigned a call flow. Need another phone number? Read this article.
Let’s get started! Here are the steps for adding a call flow to a phone number:
- If you’re a system administrator, login to the web app. Click on the Settings tab to get started.
- Next, click on the Call Flows tab in the System Settings section.
- Identify the number for which you plan to add a call flow. If you have multiple numbers, they are all listed here. Select the one you would like to add the call flow to.
- Click on the button to the right of your number that is labeled Unassigned, Click to Assign. Doing so will bring up a window where you can select what type of system component you’d like to assign to the phone number. Your options include the following:
- Audio File
- Auto Attendant
- Forwarding Number
- User Group
- Select any of the items above by clicking on their designated boxes. When an item is selected, its box should turn red and have a small checkmark in the top right corner to indicate which component you’ve chosen to add to your call flow.
- Follow the configuration directions within the Call Flow window. Each available system component requires different information to route your calls properly. Add any information requested within the Call Flow window.
- Once you’ve provided all routing information, click the Save button. This returns you to the Call Flows screen where your new call flow is viewable next to the intended phone number. This means it has been successfully added to the phone number.
Before you move on, it’s important to remember two things about your Tresta Call Flows:
- Always test your call flows by dialing your business phone number and ensuring the call routes as intended.
- Every phone number on your account should have a call flow. If they do not, your callers will hear a message stating that the call cannot be completed.