Adding an auto attendant to a call flow is an easy process with Tresta, and ensures your callers reach the right person or department.
Once a Tresta system administrator has configured an auto attendant, the auto attendant must be added to the call flow to direct your calls as intended. This article assumes you already have an auto attendant configured. If you need to configure an auto attendant, this article explains how to do it.
Let’s get started! Here are the steps to follow:
- If you’re a system administrator, login to the web app. Click on the Settings tab to get started.
- Next, click on the Call Flows tab in the System Settings section.
- Identify the number you want to add the auto attendant. If you have multiple numbers, they are all listed here. Select the one you would like to add the auto attendant to.
- Click on the button to the right of your number that is labeled Unassigned, Click to Assign. Doing so will bring up a window where you can select what type of item you’d like to assign to the phone number. There are a range of options, but we’re focusing on auto attendants in this article.
- Select Auto Attendant by clicking on the auto attendant box. The auto attendant box should turn red and have a small check mark in the top right corner to indicate which option you’ve chosen to add to your call flow.
- Next, select which auto attendant you want to connect to your call flow. Click on the dropdown menu below the area where you selected to add an auto attendant. All of you auto attendant configurations are included in the dropdown menu. Click on the one you want to use with the phone number.
Note: It is possible to have more than one auto attendant in your Tresta cloud phone system, so it’s important to be mindful when selecting which you’d like to connect to your phone number.
- Once you’ve selected the appropriate auto attendant, click the Save button located just below the dropdown menu. This returns you to the Call Flows screen where your auto attendant is viewable next to the intended phone number. This means it has been successfully added to the phone number.
You have now successfully added an auto attendant to your call flow - congratulations! Before you move on, it’s important to remember two things about your Tresta Call Flows:
- Always test your call flows by dialing your business phone number. This helps you ensure calls route as intended.
- Every phone number on your account should have a call flow. If they do not, your callers will hear a message stating that the call cannot be completed.