Adding an auto attendant to a call flow is an easy process with Tresta, and ensures your callers reach the right person or department.
Once a Tresta system administrator has configured an auto attendant, the auto attendant must be added to the call flow to direct your calls as intended. This article assumes you already have an auto attendant configured. If you need to configure an auto attendant, this article explains how to do it.
Let’s get started! Here are the steps to follow:
- If you’re a system administrator, login to the web app. Click on the System Settings (⚙) tab to get started.
- Next, click on the Phone Numbers tab within the left-hand menu.
- Identify the number you want to add the auto attendant to. If you have multiple numbers, they are all listed here. Select the one you would like to add the auto attendant to by clicking the edit icon in the top right-hand corner of the box.
- Next, choose to route callers to the auto attendant. You will need to select “send the call to an auto attendant” from the dropdown located below “When this phone number receives a call”.
- Next, select which auto attendant you want to connect to your phone number.
Note: It is possible to have more than one auto attendant in your Tresta cloud phone system, so it’s important to be mindful when selecting which you’d like to connect to your phone number.
- Once you’ve selected the appropriate auto attendant, click the Save button located in the upper right hand corner. Once it’s saved, you are taken back to the Phone Numbers page where your auto attendant is visible.
You have now successfully added an auto attendant to your phone number - congratulations! Before you move on, it’s important to remember two things about your Tresta Call Flows:
- Always test your call flows by dialing your business phone number. This helps you ensure calls route as intended.
- Every phone number on your account should have a call flow. If they do not, your callers will hear a message stating that the call cannot be completed.