How to Cancel
If you'd like to cancel your service with Tresta, you can do so at anytime:
- In the web app
- By phone
- By email
- By web chat
Please note that you must be a Billing Admin to cancel service, as non-billing admins are not authorized to cancel service.
Cancelling Tresta in the Web App
- Click on your user avatar in the upper right-hand corner, and then select Billing from the avatar menu.
- Select Profile in the left sidebar.
- Click the Close Account link shown at the top of the Profile.
- From there, you'll be asked to answer a few questions and then your account will be closed effective immediately.
Cancelling Tresta by Phone
Our Customer Success Specialists are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm ET. Call (844) 2-TRESTA.
Cancelling Tresta by Email
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your account number and your security verification question and answer.
Cancelling Tresta by Web Chat
Our Customer Success Specialists are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm ET. Visit our Contact page to start a chat.
About your Final Bill
There are no fees or penalties of any kind for cancelling your account. However, since Tresta bills in arrears, you will receive one final pro-rated bill for the current month's partial service. This final pro-rated bill will process via auto-pay five calendar days from the date you cancel. In the event that you cancel with a credit due instead of a balance due, the credit balance will be refunded to the credit card on file within five calendar days after the account is canceled.
Important Note about Number Ports
Port outs must be completed before closing your account.
If you want to keep your current number, you must port it out before closing your account. Failure to follow these instructions may result in an interruption of service and/or loss of your number.
To port your number out
- Initiate the number port with your new service provider
- Wait for confirmation that the port is complete
- Verify that the number is working correctly with the new provider
After you have verified that your number is working with the new provider, you're safe to go ahead and cancel service with Tresta.