To control who receives messages and can send messages from a Tresta phone number, you’ll need to sign in to the web app.
- Click System
Note – if you are not a member of the System Admins group, you will not see this option.
- Select Phone Number from the sidebar options on the left.
- Click the Edit icon on the phone number you want to modify, and select the Messages tab.
- To grant messaging permissions to any user who is receiving calls from the number, select “Inherit dialing permissions from the Inbound Calls tab”.
- Or, to manually grant messaging permissions, select “Manual”, and add the list of users and groups that you want to be able to message from the number.
The users in this list:
- have access to all messages that have ever been sent or received on the phone number
- receive a copy of any new messages that are received
- can reply to messages
- can start new conversations
Unlike voicemail boxes, each subscribed user maintains their own read state and archived state, so if one user reads a message it will still show as new for other users who have not yet reviewed it.